Saturday 27 January 2007

Bas(s)ic Instinct

In the pub the other night my good lady wife announced that she fancied learning the bass guitar. I've always found female bass players slightly erotic so I have done the gentlemanly thing and decided to support her in this noble ambition. Jamie in Shifnal Music has done me yet another good deal, this time on a Ibanez GSR200 Bass, an ideal beginners instrument, so we are all set up and ready to go.

Obviously that now means there is a bass guitar sitting on a stand, right next to my Strat, and it was only a matter of time before I picked it up and started messing about with it. Once the novelty of playing the bass riff from "The Chain" wore off (about 2 mins) I sat down and worked out a bass line for a song I'm writing at the moment. Currently it is imaginatively titled "E6" and will feature on our next release, hopefully with a better title. I may stick a sneak preview on here sometime.

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment