Chris has sent me the rough mix of EP4 , now with added vocal goodness and I have spent a bit of time listening and re-familiarising myself with the songs. It has been a long time with some of them!
Sadly next weekend is out due to a death in the family but hopefully after that we will be able to sit down and mix it properly ready for release to an apathetic public.
The Hair Thieves mixing process:
1. Chris sets up a horrendously complicated desk in Cubase with everything grouped and subgrouped and God knows what else.
2. We sit and move sliders about until we have a result that we are reasonably happy with.
3. Chris goes to get tea and biscuits.
4. While he is gone I fiddle with everything and end up with a mix that I think I am happy with.
5. Chris says "actually, that's not bad...."
6. I go home.
7. A small kitten walks across the keyboard and mysteriously deletes my guitar parts and/or version of the mix.
8. Chris puts it back to how it was before he made the tea.
Truly we are geniuses of the music production world and our services are available for a very reasonable fee. A packet of quality biscuits would do.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Firstly, last week saw the end of the Hair Thieves website. It was costing too much to maintain, so we let the space lapse and we are currently in the process of getting the domain name pointing at our Myspace page.
I am very pleased to announced, that recording for EP4 has been completed. I have taken a couple days out of my busy schedule, to finish recording my vocals and guitar parts for the remaining two songs.
So we have a rough mix to play with. I need to get the songs to E ASAP so he can have a listen, then we both need to find some time next month to mix and master it and work on the sleeve.
So hopefully, we will release the EP in the spring, then start working on the album.
I have created a facebook page for the band.